How long is the gestation period for cats?
The pregnancy period of the cats is not as much longer. During the breeding season the cats got pregnant and they bear different physical and mental changes in them. It appears after the three weeks of the breeding that are obvious in them. The gestation period for cats is about sixty to sixty seven days. But, the cat has to face many symptoms and the obvious signs like the other felines. Female felines frequently require a few matings more than a few days keeping in mind the end goal to ovulate and get to be pregnant and the feline reproducer or pet proprietor, uncertain as to which of these saw matings is the supposed “effective one,” regularly can not advise where to begin the check from.
Symptoms of the gestation period for cats
There are several symptoms that cats have in their pregnancy. It depends on the situation of the cats and the period of the pregnancy. Here are some symptoms of the cat’s pregnancy that will guide you about the pregnancy of the cat.
- A heat cycle strats in the cat for ten days and stops automatically. It is an obvious sign of the cat’s pregnancy
- Swelling of nipples and becomes rosier
- Vomitings and the morning sickness in the feline is the sign of pregnancy
- Enlargement of the abdomen
- There are different types of personality changes in the cats come in front
- May be your cat becomes touchy with you and needs your attention
- Cats get irritated at small things
- Seeking the private areas is the habit of the cats during the gestation period for cats.
- Asking for eating special things or irritate from many things
What to feed a pregnant Cat?
Always feed them healthy during pregnancy. Do not give them the food that is harmful for them. A little carelessness can be the risk of their life as well as the kittens. Mostly the cats become lazy in their pregnancy. They do not like to move around, especially in the time of the late or mature pregnancy. It is very important for them that they must be fed the healthy item that can increase their energy level. Boosting up their energy the food plays the important role in the pregnancy of the cats. Here are some foods that are very important for your pregnant pet cat.
- Low Fats yoghurt is highly healthy for the pregnant cat
- Salmon fish is good to provide them energy and keep their pregnancy save due to the omega fatty acids
- Berries are extremely beneficial for them because these are rich in fiber, folate, potassium, Vitamin C
- Eggs are the huge source of the energy. It is the best food for the fetus to enhance the brilliance and sharpen the brain.
- Include dark beans in the diet of the pregnant cat. Do not give them raw pork to them to eat.